Jim Thorpe Chamber of Commerce meeting produced a lot of valuable discussion, and made several points that local business owners should be aware of:
* The Calendar of Events on our website www.jimthorpe.org is a very popular page – visitors want to know what's going on when they're planning a visit. The Chamber will list organization's events, in the same format of the events already listed.
* For the past several years, there has been a townwide Sidewalk Sale in July. The Chamber needs someone to take over organizing the event.
* Fall Foliage Festival pre-planning has begun. Volunteers are welcomed at the 'Last Sunday' meetings – the last Sunday of each month - 7 p.m. at Bear Appetit. Contact Bob Gaudreau if interested at email@example.com.
* Anyone involved in organizations that appeal to the Chamber for donations to their cause should be aware that the JTCC is now going to review donation requests on a quarterly basis. The Chamber will donate to specific causes four times per year, which will help our budgeting process.
* In the near future, all meeting agendas and minutes may be put online, so all members can access them at will. During the meetings, the Chamber will accept the minutes as posted online' instead of reading them.
* The United Way of Carbon County is forming a summer golf league to offer golfers fun camaraderie while also raising funds for their charity work. Contact Bob Gaudreau for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.