A Tamaqua man will be cited following a Thursday morning, Dec. 5, medical call in the borough.

Police and EMS personnel were dispatched to 213 W. Broad St., at 12:02 a.m. for an unconscious male. On scene they observed Hubert W. Budd, 20, of 431 Glenwood Ave., lying on the floor, soaking wet. As EMS tended to Budd, Patrolman Joseph Krebbs spoke with the apartment's resident, Megan Matousek. The officer also observed a green case that was next to Budd.

According to Matousek, Budd came to the apartment before midnight and asked if he could "hang out" for awhile. After being given permission to stay Budd reportedly went in to the bathroom. When he didn't come out, about 20 minutes later, Matousek and a friend went to check on him and found him unconscious on the bathroom floor. They dragged him into the shower and turned on the cold water then called for an ambulance.

The green case contained two clear syringes, two small, empty wax paper bags, a bent metal spoon and a wet cotton ball.

Budd was transported to St. Luke's Miners Hospital, Coaldale, for treatment of a possible drug overdose.

He will be cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.