Peg Grigalonis spent time talking to Tamaqua Salvation Army Older and Bolder members recently about the radiant history of the Lakewood Park, once a popular attraction in Barnesville. Her parents owned and operated the 88-acre amusement park. Grigalonis added that DVDs and books about the park are available at the Tamaqua Salvation Army and Mahanoy City Public Library. She added that all proceeds benefit the non-profit venue they are sold at. For more information, call her at (570) 467-2780. The park opened around 1916 and closed in 1986. Dina Depos, Programs Director, Salvation Army, stated the Corps' appreciation to Grigalonis for her detailed presentation.