McAdoo firefighters, police and ambulance responded to 2 W. Sherman St., at the intersection of SR309, around 9:45 p.m. Wednesday after the the occupants called in a structure fire in the basement. According the firefighters the fire was started and located in the basement of the home. Firefighters pointed out that the occupants were trying to ignited a coal furnace with gasoline. Firefighters placed numerous exhaust fans at exit and entry points to the home. No serious damage or injuries were reported. Firefighters and fire police detoured traffic around the incident. McAdoo's code enforcement officer was called in and noted numerous violations.
Basement fire quelled fast
Thursday, June 28, 2012