By Bob urban
@$:It's the last weekend of the year 2012. I have nothing better to do, so I'll pass on these thoughts sent to me by a loyal reader.
Happy New Year everyone, and take it easy on the Boilo.
1.. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
2.. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, and is fat.
3.. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.
4.. A tortoise doesn't run and does nothing, yet it lives for 450 years.
And you tell me to exercise??
I don't think so.
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Now that I'm older here's what I've discovered:
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats have turned into prunes and all-bran.
3. I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
5. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
6. If all is not lost, where is it?
7. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
8. Some days, you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
9. I wish the buck stopped here; I sure could use a few.
10. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
11. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
12. It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
13. The only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.
14. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.
15. When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone want to play chess?
16. Its not hard to meet expenses . . . they're everywhere.
17. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
18. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter . . .
I go somewhere to get something,
and then wonder what I'm hereafter
19. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
20. Did I write about these before???????
More thoughts: Now that my Steelers went into a free fall and failed to make the playoffs, who do I root for? That's easy. I'll cheer for anyone playing the Ravens and the Bengals.
And, without Pittsburgh and Philadelphia in the playoffs, will Pennsylvanians still tune in to the playoffs?
In case folks are wondering about the Coast Guard helicopter seen flying low over Weissport & Coaldale recently...
it was flown by Lt. Erin Boyle. Lt. Boyle's aunt, Sue Lopata of Nesquehoning, is a papaproferssional at our BHA school in Weissport. The low-level flyover was a special treat for Mrs. Lopata's students, who waved American flags during the flyover. After departing Weissport, Lt. Boyle did a Coaldale flyover for his grandparents, Mr. & Mrs. Joseph Boyle of 2nd Street. Lt. Boyle is stationed in Atlantic City, NJ & was enroute to a special assignment that took him over our area.
The next time someone tells me that school teachers are overpaid, I'll answer them with two words Sandy Hook.
Finally, and most importantly, Happy Birthday to my best friend, Mary. She always was, and always will be the best.