A Lansford man waived his preliminary hearing this week on multiple charges from an alleged violent encounter with a borough police officer.

The situation apparently evolved from a domestic dispute.

John Urso, 33, of East Patterson Street, is facing charges of aggravated assault, terroristic threats, simple assault, institutional vandalism, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, and two counts of harassment.

Urso's hearing had been scheduled before District Judge Casimir Kosciolek in Lansford. Defendants have the option to have their charges forward directly to county court and by-pass the hearing process.

He was arrested July 22 by officer Brian Horos.

Horos wrote in his affidavit that on July 22, he received a dispatch to the 700 block of East Patterson Street "for a male chasing a female down the street screaming at her with small children involved."

When he arrived at the residence, a male screamed an obscenity at him and slammed the door shut. Horos added in the court document that when he and officer Lori Lienhard of the Summit Hill Police Department, who was summoned to assist him, entered the residence, Urso reacted in a violent manner.

"Myself and officer Lienhard pleaded with him to calm down, there was a small female in the residence, so I asked him to come outside and talk to us," states the affidavit.

At one point, the police officers allegedly had to forcibly subdue Urso.

When the police officers re-entered the residence, the affidavit says, "we encountered a small female child who was visibly upset and crying. We calmed her down and began to talk to her and ascertain what was going on.

It was then that it was determined the problems centered around a domestic issue.

Urso had been placed in a patrol car, the affidavit reads, and inside he "smashed his forehead into a partition causing a large gash in his forehead. He began to violently swing his head back and forth and blood began to fly everywhere."

Back at the Lansford police station, Urso unleashed another verbal assault on the police officers, it is alleged.

Horos had an ambulance dispatched to the police station, but the defendant refused treatment.

The other party in the domestic dispute was brought to the station, and there Urso began to scream at her and call her names.

In the complaint, Horos is seeking restitution for pants that were torn during the incident, medical bills incurred, and for bio hazard to clean the police cruiser and police station.

Bail for Urso is listed at 10 percent of $2,000.