- Preschool story hour is held every Friday at 10:30 a.m. The program is free and open to the public. Watch for special guest readers during National Library Month.
- Tail Waggin' Tutors Kids read to Dogs the second Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to noon. The program is free, but parents must preregister for a time slot by calling the library at 610-826-3424.
- Watercolor Painting Classes are offered two days a week. For more information, call the teacher at 610-824-4962.
- Homework Helpers is held every Wednesday from 3-4:30 p.m. Volunteer tutors will help your child with his/her homework and other assignments. The program is free, but parents must register each child.
- The Teen Advisory Group is held for teens in grades 7-12. New members are always welcome. Call the library and ask for Mariann for details.
- A Children's Art Show will be held on June 10. All art work must be matted and ready to hang.
Annual Fund Drive
- The library's annual fund drive is going on now. Show your support for the library by making a donation today. Check out the library website at www.palmertonarealibrary.com for information about all the coming events at the library.
Activities For All
- The Knitting Club meets the first and third Monday of each month from 6-8 p.m. The program is free and open to anyone interested in knitting and crocheting of all skill levels.
- The Third Monday Book Club meets the third Monday of each month from noon to 1 p.m., and discusses a different book each month. On May 21, the book will be The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. New members are welcome.
- Yoga Classes are offered every Saturday morning at 9 a.m. Call the teacher at 570-436-1762 for more information, or stop in on Saturday in the morning.
- The Library board of directors meets the third Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. Meetings are open to the public.
- Friends of the Palmerton Area Library meet four times a year. The next meeting will be Tuesday, July 10 at 7 p.m.
Spring Computer Classes
Beginner, intermediate, and digital camera classes will be beginning soon at 5 p.m. on Thursdays. There are some openings in intermediate and digital camera classes. Class size is limited, so call now to register.
Used Books and Movies for sale
The Palmerton Area Library basement book sale is open during regular library hours. New books arrive on a weekly basis, as well as movies, puzzles, and CD's. Priced to sell. Volunteers are always needed to sort and place books on shelves.
National Library Month
April is National Library Month at the Palmerton Area Library.
- On Wednesday, April 25, at 1:30 p.m., Stop Snoring Bernard! Hear the story read by author Zachariah O'Hara. This special visit is sponsored by the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Libraries of Harrisburg as part of the Pennsylvania One Book Every Young Child program.
- On Sunday, April 29, from 2-4 p.m., there will be an Annual Photography Show sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Tickets are on sale now. All proceeds benefit the library.
- On Friday, April 27, at 10:30 a.m., Chippy the Chipmunk will be at the library. Bring your camera and join author Kathy Miller for an interactive, fun program about chipmunks, birds and nature photography. Books will be available for purchase. Proceeds will benefit the library.
Special Story Time Events
- On Friday, May 11, at 10:30 a.m., our reader will be Mrs. Carol Boyce, superintendent of the Palmerton Area School District.
- On Friday, June 1, at 10:30 a.m., our special guest will be Rachel DeMicco from Music Together in Jim Thorpe. Dance, make music and have fun.
April is "Food for Fines" month
Donate one canned item in place of each $1 fine owed. Eliminate all your library fines and feed the hungry at the same time. All donated food items will be given to the CACPAC food pantry in Palmerton. "Food for Fines" month is sponsored by the Teen Advisory Group at the library.