Over 45 motions were passed Monday morning during a busy reorganizational meeting of the Rush Township board of supervisors, kicking off the municipality's 200th year.
Stephen W. Simchak was re-elected chairman; Shawn Eric Gilbert, vice-chairman, and Robert J. Leibensperger, supervisor. Gilbert was not in attendance at the session.
Among the motions passed were:
* Hired full-time secretary/treasurer Terri Conville at a salary of $33,280, and setting her bond at $3 million.
* Appointed Marie Skripnek as full-time administrative assistant and labor compliance officer at $10.90 per hour.
* Retained Robert T. Yurchak as solicitor at $625 per-quarter plus $100 an hour.
* Retained Peter Fagan as Planning Commission solicitor at $120 an hour.
* Retained Joseph Matika as Zoning Hearing Board solicitor at $80 an hour.
* Retained Paul Datte as solicitor for the auditors at $125 an hour.
* Named Mauch Chunk Trust and Sovereign Bank as depository facilities.
* Retained Alfred Benesch and Company as the township's engineering firm on an as-needed basis and to work with the Planning Commission.
* Appointed ProDesign Plus as alternate engineer for the Planning Commission.
* Set compensation for planning committee members at $20 per meeting; $10 per meeting for zoning hearing board members; and $10 per hour for each township auditor.
* Appointed William Brior as sewage code enforcement officer at $40 an hour, with Bruce Dobosh as alternate.
* Hired Gene Rutch as a full-time road foreman at $18.70 an hour.
* Hired Dennis Rupert as a full-time equipment operator/CDL truck driver/laborer at $16.90 an hour.
* Hired Dennis Boyle as part-time laborer at $11.35 an hour; Thomas Santore, $10.40 an hour.
* Set the laborer, part-time rate at $10 an hour; seasonal CDL truck driver at $13.50 an hour, and non-CDL, $12.00.
* Granted benefits to full-time employees: paid vacation; medical, vision, dental and life insurance; nine paid holidays; seven personal days (cannot be carried over); two bereavement days; employer/ employee pension plan; work clothes and a $75 allowance for work shoes for the road crew.
* Reappointed police officers: Duane Frederick as full-time corporal at $20.46 an hour; Brian Thompson as full-time officer at $19.46 an hour; and six part-time officers: Jonathan McHugh, Corey Herring, Scott Cramer, Richard Sinton, Richard Bekesy and Robert Minnick, each at 13.25 per hour; Adam Sinton, part-time at $12 an hour; and a new part-timer at $12, increasing to $12.48 after the probationary period.
* Authorized the supervisors and Conville to attend the three-day state convention in Hershey April 17-20, with room, mileage and $50 a day each food allowance. The board also named Simchak as voting delegate and Leibensperger as alternate.
* Authorized the supervisors and Conville to attend the 2011 PAHRA conferences.
* Authorized elected officials to attend the Schuylkill County Convention.
* Set the mileage reimbursement rate at 51 cents a mile.
* Named the TIMES NEWS as the newspaper for the township; appointed, Maillie, Falconiero & Co. as accountants for the yearly audit of books; Cross Roads Computer Co. for consultation; and Precision Design for consultation with the website.
* Appointed Ray Bollinger to serve as chairman of the vacancy board and Simchak to serve on the ESRC for a one-year term.
* Hired Cross Roads Computers Company of Hazleton for computer consulting.
* Appointed Cpl. William Frederick to service as alcohol/drug free workplace supervisor.
* Adopted a resolution to set the garbage disposal rate with a $10 drop in the fee.