The risk factors for colorectal cancer are:
· I am 50 years old or older.
· I am a smoker.
· I have a family history of colorectal cancer or polyps (tissue that grows out of the lining of the colon or rectum).
· I am obese.
· I eat lots of red meat or high fat dairy products.
· I do not exercise at least 3 times a week.
· I am a woman with a history of breast, ovarian, or uterine cancer.
· I have colitis (chronic breaks in the lining of the colon).
· I have chronic inflammatory bowel disease.
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions,talk to your healthcare provider.
Department of Health