The Schuylkill Communications Centerdispatched emergency personnel to the Pennsylvania Wax Corporation at 140 Walnut Street in Tuscarora, after a man called 911 stating that he couldn't turn off an oil furnace and was afraid it was going to explode. Reportedly, the oil burner's emergency release valve was opened and shooting hot water out, but the temperature still continued to rise over 230 degrees Fahrenheit.The unidentified man burnt his hands after he eventually managed to disable the oil burner. Various emergency personnelfrom Tuscarora, Hometown, and Tamaqua responded to the scene. Tuscarorafirefighters helped the man care for his hand as well as placing his burnt hand in the snow. The Ryan Township Rescue Squad treated him on-scene.
Man burned in furnace malfunction in Tuscarora
Thursday, March 4, 2010