Herbert Truhe, 56, a supervisor in East Penn Township, was seriously injured Friday night when a fireworks display went awry.

Truhe has a business putting on fireworks shows.

He was in charge of the display at PNC Park in Moosic following the baseball game between the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees and the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.

Also injured was a co-worker, Joseph Mascaro, 48, of Old Forge.

Moosic Fire Chief Chuck Molinaro said the accident happened at about 10:30 p.m. Friday.

It was reported that it appears the fireworks exploded early while still in the racks, resulting in Truhe and Mascaro being burned. Both were hospitalized.

The Greenwood Fire Department was dispatched to the scene.

The fireworks were through the International Fireworks Company based in Douglassville, Berks County.

Truhe has been putting on fireworks displays at PNC Stadium for a number of years dating back to when it was the home of the Red Barons baseball team.

He puts on displays at many other locations, including many local venues for special events.

The condition of Truhe and Mascaro is not known.