The line-up has been announced for the 43rd Annual Tamaqua Halloween Parade.
The parade is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m. The rain date is Wednesday, Oct. 28.
The event is sponsored by the Tamaqua Lions Club, with administrative assistance from the Tamaqua Area Chamber of Commerce. The Tamaqua Wireless Association assists with communications for the parade. Traffic control is provided by the Tamaqua Fire Police.
State Senator David Argall (R-29) will serve as grand marshal for this year's parade,
Mauch Chunk Trust Company is the major sponsor for the parade.
This year's parade will have four divisions. Participants should pay attention to their corresponding division and entry number as listed below.
The parade will begin at the east end of the borough, with motorized vehicles gathering in the former Jamesway plaza lot on Route 209 and marchers on the former Maff Motors lot. The Tamaqua Raider Band and Tamaqua Area Youth Soccer Association will gather on the M&M Storage lot. Participants should be in place by 6:45 p.m.
The parade commences west on Broad Street past St. Jerome's Church parking lot at W. Broad and Swatara Streets, where it will disperse in the following block.
Prizes will be awarded for Best of Show as well as top marching units and motorized vehicles/floats.
For more information, contact the Tamaqua Area Chamber of Commerce at (570) 668-1880 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
100. Tamaqua Police Car
101. Tamaqua American Legion color guard
102. Grand Marshal State Senator David Argall
103. Mayor Chris Morrison and Hurst
104. Tamaqua Borough Council
105. Tamaqua Aerial Truck
106. South Ward Fire Company
107. Citizens Fire Company
108. American Hose Fire Company
109. East End Fire Company
110. Tamaqua Ambulance
111. Cub Scout Troop #777 - Get Gobbled Up in Scouts
112. Brownie Troops #31297 and #31237 - Brownies Are Still Rockin' After All These Years
113. Coaldale Cub Scout Pack #740
114. Daisy Troop #31210 - Jungle Animals
115. Tamaqua Animal Rescue - Dogs Helping People
116.American Red Cross
200. Tamaqua Raider Marching Band
201. Tamaqua Area High School Homecoming Court
202. Tamaqua Area Youth Soccer Association (TAYSA) U-6 team, Tamaqua Auto
203. TAYSA Fireballs U-8 team (sponsor Heisler's Dairy Bar)
204. TAYSA U-8 team (sponsor TAYSA)
205. TAYSA Pink Panthers U-10 girls (sponsor Schick's Cafe)
206. TAYSA Raiders U-12 boys (sponsor Elm Street Associates)
207. TAYSA U-12 boys (sponsor Charles S. Snyder)
208. TAYSA U-15 boys, U-12 girls (sponsor Valley Athletic Supply)
209. TAYSA Lady Raiders U-15 girls (sponsor Carbon Medical Associates)
210. Hess Windows and Doors/Lehigh Patio Rooms - Haunted Patio Room
211. Deetz Towing and Hauling
212. Tamaqua Indians Knee-Hi Cheerleaders
213. Climb-A-Lot Clubhouse - Trick or Treat
214. Girl Scout Troop #1236 - Daisy Garden
300. Marian Catholic High School Band
300A. Marian Catholic High School Homecoming Court
301. Brownie Troop #31296 - Girl Scouts Cooking Up Good Things in Your Neighborhood
302. Cadette Troop #30198 - Dancing With the Scouts
303. Dance Explosion Dance Queen Jennifer Frederickson
304. Tamaqua Public Library - Dr. Seuss
305. Mister Twister - 1950s Ice Cream Truck
306. West Penn Daisy Troop #1108 - Daisy Donuts
307. Junior Girl Scout Troop #31298 - Girl Scouts are Magical
308 - Girl Scout Troop #31203 - Girl Scouts and the Seven Dwarfs
309. Hope's Collision and Towing/Tamaqua Area High School girls soccer team
310. Owl Creek Reservoir Commission - Santa
311. Gloria Dillon Dance Studio Dance Queen
312. St. Gabrielle Club - Hearse.
400. T-102 It's Five O'Clock Somewhere Show
401. Brown Daub Kia
402. Tamaqua YMCA
403. Daniel Tyson - Ghost Buster
405. Tamaqua Salvation Army - Doing the Most Good
406. Elite Generation Wrestling
407. Tamaqua Lions and LEO Clubs - The Lion King
408. American Legion Auxiliary Unit 314 - Saddle Up and Ride With the ALA
409. DJ Taz and Co. - Rock Legends of the Past and President
410. DH Double Hard Cleaning Service
411. BT Express
412. West Penn Fire Company
413. Penn Mahoning Ambulance Association
414. Tuscarora Fire Company
415. Ryan Township EMS
416. Mahoning Valley Ambulance
417. Coaldale Fire Company