Lehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC) will hold a Wall Street West Community College Collaborative tomorrow from 8:30-10 a.m. in the Rothrock Library's Alumni Center Rooms 107 and 108, main campus in Schnecksville
Wall Street West is a not-for-profit partnership in Northeastern Pennsylvania with a focus on strategic workforce development and state-of-the-art economic development.
The forum begins with a continental breakfast at 8 a.m.
· Susan Shaffer, Director of Workforce Initiatives, Wall Street West
· John DeVere, VP of Workforce Development and Economic Development Reading Area Community College
· Gary Mrozinski, Dean of Business and Technologies, Luzerne County Community College
· Gary Mrozinski, Dean of Business Technologies, Luzerne County Community College
· Jeff Focht, Dean of Business and Technology, Northampton Community College
· Cindy Evans, Workforce Coordinator, Lehigh Valley WIB
Through a grant from the United States Department of Labor's Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic Development (WIRED) program, and with oversight by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry and the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Wall Street West has invested in both workforce systems and the region to create a custom-made business environment that will attract organizations in industries such as financial services, information technology and health care.
Marsha Felsten, Associate Dean at LCCC, will moderate a panel discussion on workplace competencies with the following participants:
· John Casler, AVP of Human Resources, Wachovia/Wells Fargo Bank
· Stephanie Fenstermacher, Director of Human Resources, Computer Aid Constance Hood, Director of Human Resources, Concannon Miller and Co.
· Earl Houseknecht, EVP of Human Resources, National Penn Bank
The Forum is free-of-charge and open-to-the-public, but registration is required. Contact Dr. Alison Jameson at 610-799-1087 for more information or to register.