A huge, four-by-six foot double desk, constructed of quarter oak and long a familiar object to visitors to the prothonotary's office in the Carbon County Court House, is yielding to modernity. Constructed at the Neast and Company planing mill in Mauch Chunk by the late John Schlegel in 1902, it will be replaced by a smaller single type desk to accommodate Prothonotary Joseph Modrik. The old desk will be transported to the second floor of the Navigation Building.